Welcome to the Ohio Association of Occupational Health Nurses Website
The Ohio Association of Occupational Health Nurses is an organization of approximately 300 nurses who practice occupational health nursing. OAOHN works together with the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN) to promote and advance the field of occupational health nursing. When you become a member of AAOHN, you will also be a member of OAOHN.
Occupational & Environmental Health Nursing: Professional Messages:
• The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses has been a leader in workplace health and safety since 1942, representing more than 11-thousand members across the country.
• Occupational and environmental health nursing is a specialty practice that offers health and safety services to workers. They balance the best interest of both workers and employers. OHNs promote healthy and safe practices in the workplace in order to keep workers productive, positively effecting the company’s bottom-line.
Mercy Health Is Hiring In Elyria, OH!
Ohio Safety Congress & Expo 2018
OAOHN Will Have A Booth – Come See Us!
BWC’s Ohio Safety Congress & Expo is the largest and longest-running occupational safety, health and workers’ compensation event in the Midwest. More than 7,000 representatives from businesses, organizations and government entities attend the three-day event. They learn techniques for injury and illness prevention, rehabilitation, return-to-work and cost savings. They also shop for services, industrial supplies, safety equipment and gear in the Expo Marketplace.
OSC18 offers more than 200 free educational sessions, more than 200 exhibitors, free continuing education credits, and BWC program credits. By attending the safety congress, you will learn to:
- Prevent workplace injuries and illnesses;
- Achieve better outcomes for injured workers;
- Reduce workers’ compensation claims costs;
- Keep Ohio’s work force healthy and productive.
Want To Help Out At The Booth? Contact Peggy Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org
NSC Introduces Women in Safety Scholarship Program
The National Safety Council has launched a new scholarship program for women pursuing safety as a career. Nominations for the scholarships will open Nov. 1, 2017.
“Safety is more than a profession — it is a calling,” said NSC President and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman. “We need to cultivate and encourage dedicated women professionals to pick up the mantel as 25 percent of safety specialists today consider retirement. This scholarship will create an opportunity for outstanding candidates to pursue their education and dedicate their careers to keeping each other safe.”
The Women in Safety Scholarship is for women studying safety in an accredited associate or undergraduate program. It is renewable annually for a maximum of four years, and the number given out with vary from year to year.
The application period for both scholarships will close in mid-January. For more information, click here.
OAOHN’s RESOURCE PAGE
This is just another benefit for our members to be able to partner with companies that will make you successful in your job!